Associates Of Biblical Studies At A Glance
Our Associates in Arts are our 2nd Level courses designed to give students a strong biblical foundation along with practical experience in ministry. In addition to foundational bible classes, students will have the opportunity to serve in various areas in the church and ministry in our Service Internship, which will help them discover their gifts and calling.
Students enrolled in Bethel Bible Institute's Associates Degree Program will continue to follow our systematic approach to studying God's Word.
Students will take a deep dive into the New and Old Testament Books; learning how each relates to the other. We will continue to build a solid foundation that enables students to rightly divide the Word of Truth.
Students graduating with an Associates Degree will possess a more thorough understanding of how to use the most up-to-date research tools to research and interpret scripture.
This degree is applicable in any career field, but it is specially designed for careers in church and ministries emphasizing:
- Local ministries;
FALL 2022 CLASSES
BOOK OF REVELATION
I'm sure that all of you at one time or the other and especially in the past few years, have asked yourself or somebody what is this world coming to. As bad as things are, can they get any worse, and when will the madness stop? Well The Book of Revelation lets us know emphatically that yes, things are going to get worse before they get better and the madness will end.
Let me first say that Revelation is not the Revelation of John or John the Apostle. It is the revelation of Jesus Christ as given by God. The person of the Antichrist seems to always be the focus when studying the Great Tribulation when in fact the entire book is about Jesus Christ. The events and personalities in the book are not to be concealed or hidden or just to be understood by a select few. On the contrary it is a book of revealing, to be read and understood now by all. Unlike portions of the Book of Daniel which the prophet was told to seal up because the time of those things was not then, John the writer of Revelation was told not to seal up the book because it's time had come.
Some of you may be wondering whether or not you should take this course now. If not now when? The events revealed in the Revelation are soon to take place. Don't you think you should know what God has already ordained for mankind and this Earth? Are we living in the last day or are we the last generation before the rapture takes place?
By the way, 144,000 are not Seven Day Adventist. Don't you want to know if the church goes through the seven-year tribulation? Well I'll tell you we won't, but the real personal question or concern should be are we in the church, are we the church? The tribulation is not designed or purposed for the church, but it is designed for the Jews and those peoples and Nations that have rejected Christ.
What or who are the four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Who is the Antichrist and the false prophet and what is your connection to the so-called Mark of the Beast? The book’s events include Christ letters to the church, the marriage of the bride which is the church and the bridegroom which is Christ. It includes the resurrections, the binding of satan, the great white throne judgment, and eternity. Its imagery and symbolisms, its colors, its numbers and characters will all be explained in this course.
Have you ever wondered why, by the time between the end of Malachi and the Gospel of Matthew is called the silent years or have you wondered how it is that the Neo-Persians were the world power in Malachi, but Rome was the world power in Matthew? What happened there? The Pharisees and the Sadducees, where do they come? We don’t encounter them anywhere in the Old Testament. When we consider the spiritual condition of the Jewish Nation both in Palestine and outside of Palestine, as we see in Malachi, how is it that they were able to survive their distinctiveness and be in Matthew the way they were? How did Judaism survive under those conditions that we left in Malach? How did it turn out that the Jewish Bible survived the seemingly callous attitude towards God and the Law we see in Malachi. Lots of questions we can ask. We will be able to answer with confidence after completing this course.
THE BOOK OF ACTS
The action of the Holy Spirit, Peter, Paul and others in the book of Acts leads us to understand how the early church was formulated and how the apostles followed the same examples of what Jesus did and taught. In this class we will observe through the eyes and the writings of Luke the following just to name a few.
- The very vital and Christian history between the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the death of the Apostle Paul
- the time when Christian ideas and beliefs were being formulated
- the organization of the church which moved into the worldwide movement and its development
- we will also learn that the apostles were unstoppable to the end. In this class we will learn how to be unstoppable in our Christian walk today. There are more obstacles than ever trying to stop us from running our race; however we will see the Holy Spirit who will allow us to move forward in the calling that is placed on our life. The Holy Spirit will equip us as he has equipped the apostles. We will see that even the apostles faced many obstacles that could have hindered them from running their race and finishing their course, but we don't have to finish first, second or third we just have to finish.
BOOK OF HEBREWS
The first thing is that I hope people who sign up for this class is that they will experience the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, and be conformed to His death. After I am finished reading and teaching the book of Hebrews, I hope you get a deep experience in knowing Christ. Our experience is going to be about the high priest and the sacrificial offering, one song says we don't have to slay no animals, anymore and then another song is on Christ the solid rock I stand.
So this is the book of Hebrews. Two of the things that we want to present in the clas is:
- The main thing with Hebrew is why did God inspire this letter?
- What was going on at that time? Apostasy. The new church was beginning to fall away and wanted to go back to Judaism.
- In this letter, as we go over it, we’re going to talk about how God is better than the Angels, and higher than the priests. We will be discussing the superiority, the efficiency, and sustainability of the person and the work of Jesus Christ, the son of God.
- The great debate about who wrote this epistle.
- Why is it important that we look at the date, and who it was written to?
- We examine foundational principles and learn from the scriptures, how to stay the course because even today after the pandemic it is said that 40% of the people did not return to church and this is what was happening in antiquity, they started falling away, so whoever wrote Hebrews reminds to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
- Hebrews contains that hall of faith and we will look at their personalities.
Just As If
You Are Here
Virtual learning has bought the classroom to wherever you are. Besides eliminateing the need to travel, students who have small children and some who are caring for a loved one at home, have welcomed the opportunity to participate in the same time-tested systematic approach to teaching God's word that we've adhered to since 1946.
Whether your goal is to dig deeper into the Word of God for your own spiritual growth, or whether you would like pursue a degree for ministry, a new door has opened to you. We've Gone Virtual.